Only one word comes to mind when I think of one and that is, well, besides vagina, is OUCH!!
Brazilian bikini waxes were introduced to New York in 1987 by the J Sisters, 7 Brazilian-born sisters. The Brazilian remains a popular hair removal method in the United States. Usually, going "Brazilian" means waxing everrryyyyythinnnggggg. However, there are a few other popular choices:
If you are interested in getting a Brazilian wax, here is a little about what to expect during your visit. And yes, it will hurt like hell and it is not for everyone.
What to expect during the preparation of your first appointment:
Most waxings occur in a private room with a door and take between 15 and 30 minutes. You'll be left alone to remove everything from the waist down and lie on a table covered in clean paper or sheets. It is possible that you may be provided with a paper thong and if not, you can ask for one.
The paper thong may make you feel more comfortable, but with a Brazilian, your modesty is going to be tested. The waxer is going to see everything, so you may choose to forego the paper thong. We like to think getting a Brazilian can't be any more embarrassing than a typical visit to your gynecologist's office. These technicians have seen it all before.
Here's how the process using soft, melted wax works:
Here are a few tips to make the pain less painful (if that is even possible):
- The waxer will liberally apply talcum powder to the skin. Talcum powder keeps hot wax from sticking to skin.
- The best waxers are fast, which means less discomfort for you. The waxer will dip a wooden waxing stick into a pot of hot wax and then spread it onto your skin and hair in the direction of hair growth.
- She will then apply a cloth strip over the still-warm wax, pressing firmly so the cloth, hair and wax adhere to one another.
- When the wax has cooled, she will pull the strip off, in the opposite direction of your hair growth, pulling the hairs out by the root. If the waxing at this point is too painful, ask the technician to apply strips to smaller areas at a time.
- Since the Brazilian means everything off except for a "landing strip" in the front, don't be surprised when the technician removes the hair between the buttocks. Yes, hair grows there. You may be asked to turn over and lie on your stomach or you may be asked to kneel on the table. The good news is, this part isn't painful for most people.
- Once the waxing is complete, the waxer will tweeze any stray hairs and she may trim the remaining landing strip, or even create designs (if there are patterns for this, I do not know where they exist). Some women even opt to dye the remaining pubic hair.
- The waxer may spread soothing lotion over the waxed areas.
Do you follow us on Instagram?
- Plan your wax after your period ends since your pain threshold will be higher at this time.
- Skip caffeine the morning of. Caffeine tends to make your skin extra sensitive.
- Hydrate your skin with diaper cream for a few days prior to your appointment.
- Call a friend. Talking to a friend on the phone is more likely to distract you from what's going on below.
- Take Tylenol an hour before your appointment.
- Get waxed regularly; at least every 3-4 weeks.
- Apply a topical anesthetic at least 45 minutes prior to your appointment to help numb the areas to be waxed.
[caption id="attachment_99757" align="alignnone" width="100"]
Article source: Beauty.about.com