Just because you're home alone, that doesn't mean you need to resort to 'convenient' meals--ergo, instant dinners, microwave meals, frozen pizzas, or cup noodles. You can cook all kinds of tasty meals for one in just 10 minutes or less, and you'll be able to eat healthy no matter how limited your cooking skills are! [caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="630"] Source: mindbodygreen.com[/caption] Here is your quick how-to guide for "cooking for one":
- Cook many meals at once. Cook a large portion and divide it up into individual meals to cut back on cooking time.
- Go for soups and stews. One pot meals aren't just easy, but they're also delicious and often fairly low in calories.
- Focus on the weekly proteins. All of your meals should revolve around the protein you're cooking with, so cook up all of your protein for the week to make your meals easier.
- Eat fresh. Prepare yourself a fresh salad every day, and you'll eat far less carbs, fats, and snacks.
- Go for breakfast. Want a quick dinner? Try whipping up a few pancakes, an egg scramble, or an omelet.
- Freeze your meals. It's always easy to defrost and heat up your food if it's already prepared.
- Draw up a menu. Planning ahead is the best way to reduce waste, and makes shopping much easier.