January 18, 2015
Core Focus - BURNOUT Those Abs!
I love working my abdominals in many ways, different planes and mixing it up rather than the standard old crunches. In my boot camp class I do the below burnout at the end of our session to really work the core and burn out those abs!
Use the below set of exercises as a burnout 1x through or repeat 2-3 times for more intensity!
(complete each exercise for 45 seconds)
1) Knee Extension with Reverse Crunch
2) Straight Arm Diamond Leg Crunch (w/weight)
3) Straight Leg Shin touch + Heal Tap
4) Side Plank Hip Dip + Elbow to Knee Crunch (r)
5) same as above on opposite side
6) Russian Twist with weight
Want to make it more intense? You can:
- add 30 seconds of skipping rope between each exercise
- add 30 seconds of Mt. Climbers between each exercise
I go through 1 round with you below! Hit it and then repeat 1-2 more times.