When it comes to working out, we get the main idea: to workout. But, how many of you have walked into the gym, looked around, and just stood there-clueless?
Sometimes, there are so many machines and gadgets that it can be hard to determine what you should really be doing. Luckily, it really isn't that hard to train yourself. With some basic principles in mind, you will be confident and able to take charge of your own routine!
Here are 5 ways to create your own workout:
1. Determine how often you will workout weekly and for what time period. It is recommended to aim for at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes of activity per day. If you are able to do 5 days, then do 5 days. If you are only able to do 3, do 3. Choose the amount of days that will work best for you and your schedule and make the most of it. Then, choose a length of time for your workout. 30-60 minutes is recommended. Make a workout calendar such as the one below or schedule and stick to it!
2. Create a warm up or cardio routine to start with. Warm-ups are generally in short duration, about 5-10 minutes. An example of a good warm up can be a 10 minute jog or even a 5 minute HIIT session to get your heart rate elevated and your muscles warmed up. Stretching is also considered essential as well. Warming up prior to your workout reduces risk of injury.
3. Create your main workout. During your main workout, you will focus on working one or two muscle groups. Your goal isn't to work every single muscle in your body in one workout. The next day, you will focus on a different muscle group or two, allowing the groups you worked the day prior to rest and rebuild. For example, Monday you will work legs and chest and on Tuesday you will work abs and biceps. Then on Wednesday, you may work chest and triceps and back on Thursday you may be doing legs and chest again, etc. Create a cycle or routine that will benefit you the most. The best way to finding your routine is to go with the flow and experiment.
4. Create a cool down routine. Just like the warm up, cool downs are short in duration, about 5-10 minutes long (some longer). You can do the same exact thing for your cool down as you did for your warm up or you can take things easier and slower. Personally, I love a light jog or yoga session after my workouts. This is a time to relax those muscles that have tensed up to contract and work hard during your workout routine.
5. Make it a habit. It takes 21 days to make a habit or so they say. Keep going with your new routine until it actually becomes a regular routine that you won't have to think twice about. When you get bored or tired of it, try mixing up your routine to keep things fresh and fun.
For free diet and workout plans, click the image below!
Due to COVID-19, shipping systems the world over are experiencing abnormal delays. There is an enormous demand on postal and delivery services as online shopping has skyrocketed, due to store closures and stay-at-home mandates. This is an unprecedented situation, and we are working around the clock to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. To be clear, we are filling orders in 2-3 days, and we are shipping immediately after that. Once shipped, our shipping partner, UPS, will get your order out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA & Canada via expedited or standard shipping with our partners at UPS. Once your order is received and processed, it typically takes 2-4 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via UPS with Standard & Expedited shipping (whichever is faster)
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International (EUROPE and Other Nations), which is usually in transit for 7-10 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with UPS, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Delays caused due to custom withholds are not included in these estimated delivery times.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.