4 6oz boneless, skinless chkn Breasts
1 1/2 cups Curried Buttermilk Marinade * see CBM recipe below
1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
4 crosswise slices pineapple rounds about 1/2 inch thick
1 tsp curry powder
4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Curried Buttermilk Marinade MAKES 2 cups
In a medium bowl, whisk together
2 cups low fat buttermilk
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
Store in an airtight container in fridge for several days
Can be used with pork, chicken, seafood, and veggies... enjoy!
- Place chicken in large zip lock bag. Add CBM and seal squeezing out as much air as possible.
Refrigerate for 2-6 hours turning occasionally to marinate all sides
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat coconut on medium until lightly browned, stirring for about 3 min. Transfer to plate to cool
- Heat grill on MED-HIGH and spray grate. Remove chicken from marinade and pat with paper towel.
- Grill until cooked through about 3 minutes or so on both sides.
- Meanwhile sprinkle both sides of pineapple with curry and grill until lightly charred, about 2 min each side
- Take chicken and pineapple off grill and let rest on a plate covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- To serve arrange pineapple slices on a plate top with chicken, coconut, and cilantro. Even if you skip the coconut DO NOT skip the cilantro... so good