I’m fairly new to BodyRock, and this is my very first challenge. I’ve probably mentioned in passing what I like about each workout and maybe you can glean how I feel about the trainers from that – but, especially because today seems to be a pretty big change-up from the regular videos, I thought it would be nice to do a bit of a more detailed break down on how I feel about Lisa and Sean as my trainers for this challenge. Lisa is a maniac. A maniac who is giving me abs. I honestly find her incredibly intimidating, and sometimes hard to relate to, at least for my current level of fitness. That said, her intensity is what pushes me to go harder A LOT of the time. So although she sometimes scares me, when she shouts “I can see you!!!” – I go HARD. I realize that she isn’t actually in the room with me and can’t actually see me, but you know, WHAT IF SHE MAGICALLY CAN? Sean seems to be the complete opposite of Lisa intensity-wise, he has such a chill judgment-free surfer dude type vibe. While I don’t find him quite as motivating as Lisa at times, I really like that he not only tells you about ways to modify the exercises for your level, but he also shows you how to do those modifications. I actually think that anything I don’t get from Lisa’s training style I get from Sean, and vice versa. They kind of complement each other perfectly, so it was nice to have them both as the trainers for this challenge. WORKOUT: Video used: Equipment needed: Click here to get your equalizer Click here to get your Hiit bar Click here to get your Hiit timer And check out the Challenge Guide and Burnout Workouts here
8 exercises, 8 reps, 8 times through
1) Bicep curls
3) Squat & press
4) Around the world
5) Tricep dips
6) V knee tucks
7) Elevated push-ups
8) Bent over rowModifications:
- Used the backs of two chairs as my equalizer, but because it does kind of wear on your hands I decided to do my tricep dips off of a bench, as well as the tricep exercise with the weight behind your head, which she demonstrates.
- I actually did elevated push-ups! I usually just do them on the ground, but I thought that today I’d go big, and since I had the chairs out anyway, I used one of those to elevate my feet.
- I used the same weight the whole way through, but this was from necessity rather than choice, because I only have one set of weights, but I would definitely switch it up if I had more.
- I feel like today was a very gluten heavy day, like, everything I ate today would be fine on it’s own, especially if the rest of the meals for my day had been wheat-free, but every meal had some sort of wheat. Definitely felt the difference, and I think the next couple of days are going to be entirely gluten and wheat free for me.