My mom has been really sweet and invested all through this challenge, and she asked me the other, “So why is the challenge 21 days? Is that a specific amount of time that it takes to do something fitness-wise?” I actually didn’t know. I explained to her about the several different challenges that BodyRock has, and that there are 5 day, 7 day, 30 day challenges, but her question got me thinking about fitness statistics. Thanks to google, I found out that it apparently takes 21 days to form a habit. Here are some of my other fitness fact findings:
- It takes 7 days to lose 1lb if you eat 500 calories less than you burn every day
- Women who lift weight burn 100 more calories in the next 24 hours, then women who only stick with cardio
- It takes 22 minutes of running to burn off a small chocolate bar
- 1lb of muscle burns 9 calories per day, 1lb of fat only burns 2 calories
- It takes 1 hour and 45 minutes of running to burn off a Big Mac Medium Meal
- It takes only 4 hours of inactivity to cause a near shut-down of the enzyme that controls fat and metabolism
- It takes 48-72 hours for a muscle to fully recover after a strenuous strength training session
- I feel like I’m the leftover queen.
- I think I have done more cooking and baking these past few weeks than I have all year. I mean, I generally do love to cook and especially to bake, but I’ve tried out so many new dishes because of this challenge. Definitely adding a bunch to my recipe book.