Today I actually have to go to work (for 4 hours), so I’ve been trying to get all my healthiness in order before I have to leave. Also, I’m sorry that my posts are so uninteresting. I feel really bad for boring any of those faithful followers who read about my challenge progress everyday. I hope that the sum of my blogs doesn’t amount to “I ate eggs, did the work out, it was hard, the end.” Well, I’m not sure if limericks are “interesting” but since that’s what my brain decided to create instead of sleeping last night, here’s what I came up with, dedicated to my celiac friends: There once was a girl who ate bread, But her bowel movements filled her with dread. Instead of her bloating, She soon started gloating, By using rice flour for baking instead! I really don’t understand my mind sometimes. Sorry. WORKOUT: Video used: Equipment needed: Click here to get your equalizer Click here to get your kettle sandbells Click here to get your Hiit timer And check out the Challenge Guide and Burnout Workouts here
4 exercises, 3x through
50 seconds work – 10 seconds rest
1) Out push + diamond push ups
2) Get up, push-up + row
3) L+R alternate push-ups + row
4) 5x push-ups + 5x reverse push-upsModifications:
- used free weights instead of kettlebells
- definitely had to go to my knees for the 2nd and 3rd round of the out/diamond push-ups. Although if I am feeling pretty burnt out, since there’s 3 rounds of exercises, I went to my knees for almost all the push ups in the 2nd round and tried going all out for the 3rd round.
- Usually I can just use the backs of two chairs as my equalizer, but there was no way I was trusting them to not crash on top of me for the reverse push-ups, so I used a piano bench for the elevated push ups, then sit ups with weights instead of reverse push-ups.
- I sort of missed my cardio, so I jogged in place for a bit after the workout (although I think being on my feet for 4 hours straight at work helped too)
- I eat a lot of leftovers, mainly because I cook too much food/I have a small appetite (except for when it comes to burritos) so I found this cool life hack that if you want your leftovers to heat up evenly in the microwave just make a hole in the middle of the food.
- There were some dance routines in the show and this one number featured some especially fit ladies, and I realized, I could do those dance moves, probably, if I was shown how anyway. ERGO, I could be a fit bit.