This meal...yes this one right here, is probably my most-cooked recipe. It takes under 30 minutes to make and it is super packed with nutrients, low in carbs, and easily digestible. I will usually use whatever kind of meat I have at my house at the time, and play around with the spices. Sometimes I use the blend I've included in the ingredients list, other times I love using some Herbs De Provence. Regardless, this is a Chef Tyler STAPLE in my household. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- Ground turkey, beef, or chicken
- Spanish Onion (thinly sliced)
- Mushrooms (diced)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Hot Sauce (optional; I like Sriracha)
- Slice onions, dice mushrooms, and chop broccoli into medium size pieces (I use the whole broccoli, some people just use florets).
- On medium to medium-high heat, pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a large pot. Place onions, mushrooms and turkey in the pot together.
- Season with garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Cook until the turkey is completely brown, the mushrooms are soft, and the onions are clear and sweet. Drain the liquid from the pot and remove from the heat. Cover until ready to serve.
- In a separate pot, steam or boil broccoli until bright green, soft, yet firm.
- Plate with 1/2 avocado, and if you like even more spice, drizzle some hot sauce on top.