July 23, 2014
DIY Avocado Protein Hair Mask for Damaged Split Ends
I love beauty hacks. Especially since the ingredients that the Earth gives us are a thousand times better than any beauty care product-especially ones filled with chemicals, preservatives, and additives that can actually create more damage than you started with, but leaving the appearance of improvement and overall health. My favorite DIY beauty recipe is for my hair. Having naturally frizzy and curly hair, it almost always subject to harsh split ends and breakage! Yuck. But since I stopped using store bought deep conditioners and opted to make my own, I have seen a ton of improvement in the vitality and strength. Here is my personal beauty recipe to prevent damaged split ends. Depending on the length and type of your hair, you may have some left over; therefore, you can absolutely store it in a container for the next use. I like to do this twice per week! Avocado Protein Hair Mask What you will need:
- 1/2 super ripe avocado-pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil-warmed
- 2 egg yolks
- Mash avocado in a bowl with a fork until smooth.
- Next, add in the egg yolk and stir.
- Lastly, add in the coconut oil and stir until the mixture is creamy.
- Apply to hair from ends to the root, concentrating on the worst areas.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap and let sit for two hours.
- Wash away residue with warm water and style as usual.
- Do once or twice per week.