I rely heavily on body butter bars to moisturize my skin, as almost nothing works, and Rocky Mountain Soap has some excellent toxin-free products. BUT, I’ve always wanted to make my own, and it’s so incredibly easy I’m not sure why I haven’t tried before. These ones are super basic, since I wanted to make my first attempt as simple and easy as possible. Ingredients:
- 20g cocoa butter (or shea butter)
- 30g coconut oil
- 20g beeswax
- ½ tsp. Vitamin E oil
- a few drops essential oil (optional)
- body bar molds (I used small trays and muffin tins)
- Combine butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a double boiler (or two similar sized pots, stacked one on top of the other, with water in the bottom one), and melt on medium heat, stirring until combined.
- Add in the vitamin E oil and essential oil, and pour into molds. Wait for them to harden, then pop them out and enjoy smooth silky skin.