Two Christmas ago, I decided to try out a tutorial that I had fallen in love with on Pinterest. I have always been somewhat of a crafty gal, so I figured why not? I made these paper book ornaments and they turned out AMAZING! This will be the third Christmas that they will be hanging on our tree-I still cannot believe they lasted so long! Here is how to make them! All you need:
- 1 old paperback book or newspaper (that you do not mind hacking up)
- Elmer's glue
- A pair of scissors,
- Plain ordinary Christmas ornament balls of any color (I bought a box of 12 from the Dollar Store!)
- I look through the book and found some words, phrases, and sentences that I liked.
- I then cut them out into little strips and set the strips aside.
- To make my binder, I poured the 1/2 cup of Elmer's glue into a small bowl of 1/2 warm water. Then I dipped each strip of paper into the water/glue mix and molded them onto the ball, kinda like paper mache.
- Then you hang to dry overnight.
- That's all!