November 19, 2014
DIY Green Tea Avocado Body Butter Bars
Matcha is chock full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals for optimal health. Ingesting green tea is obviously a great way to get these benefits, but you can also use it topically. When paired with super smoothing avocado oil and all natural butters, this body butter bar is great for your skin. What You’ll Need:
- 2.5 oz. beeswax
- 2 oz. shea butter
- 2 oz. cocoa butter (or mango, or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. matcha (green tea powder)
- 10 drops of essential oil of choice
- double boiler (or two similar sized pots)
- Melt the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut butter in a double boiler.
- Remove from the heat and add in the avocado oil, essential oil, and matcha, stir to combine. Be sure to mix very thoroughly as the matcha has a tendency to sink or clump.
- Pour into body butter molds – I used muffin tins. Wait 2-3 hours or until hard, then pop out of the tins and moisturize your heart out.