Yoga is a relaxing, rejuvenating experience that shouldn't leave you stricken with social anxiety. But if you're entering a class, here is the run-down what you should do and what you really shouldn't do when it comes to namasting! The Dos Of Yoga Class
- Loud breathing. It's cool - gasp and sigh away! You want to focus on aligning your breathing with your body movements so don't be shy.
- Closing your eyes. It's all about relaxation and getting into a peaceful state of mind. Your teacher won't be insulted if you have to close your eyes to find your zen.
- Crying. Sometimes this exercise can cause emotional release, so let it out. Your fellow students will support you.
- Moderate farting. It happens. You're contorting in weird ways and putting pressure on your stomach at times, so naturally something may slip out.
- Dozing off. Yoga is so calming, you may find yourself taking an unexpected nap.
- Bringing your phone. Don't zone out of your introspective time by answering a text or Snapchatting your feet on the mat.
- Coming in late. Don't disrupt your fellow students by sneaking in, even if you think you're being quiet.
- Chatting. Catching up with your neighbour can be done after class.
- Not putting your mat away. If you're borrowing from the studio or gym, it's common curtesy to clean up afterwards.