Acne. Ugh. They say to never pop your pimples, but do you really listen to that rule? I, for one, am guilty as ever when it comes to zit popping! Popping a pimple pushes bacteria from the zit further into the skin, making the area around the acne even more reddened and inflamed. Sometimes, popping a pimple will even cause a brown or red mark to form that could last months. Scars, in the form of dents and pits, can last forever! Unfortunately, a scar is a scar and there is not a whole lot that you can do about it. But, you can speed up the fading of a scar using nature's best ingredients! Here is a little DIY facial mask that you can apply once or twice per week to fade your acne scars once and for good. While you are at it-stop popping! DIY Acne Fading Facial Mask Ingredients
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 drops of fresh lemon juice (not the fake lemon bottle kind)
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Apply topically to the acne scars as a spot treatment only or you may apply it to your whole face as a mask.
- Let sit for 30 minutes then wash away with warm water.
- Use once or twice weekly.