The Fastest Way to Weight Loss

If you were to google 'the fastest way to fat loss' you would get so many different answers it would make your head spin, and you would probably be more confused than ever. You need to figure out what works for you. This may require a little bit of trial and error, but let's start with some tips that may be helpful getting on the right track. Are there certain exercise programs that will burn more fat than others? Of course there is, but not all exercise programs are suited for all bodies. Sprinting for instance is an extremely effective way to burn fat. But if you have any joint problems this is probably not going to work for you. If you haven't run in a while let alone sprint, this could take a bit to build up to. Even people who are proficient at sprinting can often get injured if not careful. So you need to pick an exercise program that you will stick with – that you enjoy doing. I actually enjoy weight lifting and yoga. Running? Not so much. I’ll never stick to it. Perhaps think of exercise activities you enjoyed as a kid? Dancing? Running? Basketball? Swimming? Maybe it is time to revisit your youth and get moving with something that you actually find fun! You may have to throw in some exercises here and there that you are not exactly fond of to keep yourself in tiptop shape, BUT the exercise program that is going to work the best for you and help you lose the most fat that is the one that you will really do. And do some kind of exercise every day. It doesn’t have to be all out balls to the wall each day – but just get moving each day. Dieting is a little bit more complex. Just eating the foods you enjoy may not be the most effective way to go about things, especially if you simply enjoy sugary foods, processed foods, and the like. You must incorporate some fruits, veggies, protein, and healthy fats in order to lose fat and more importantly be healthy. Learning to cook a little bit so you can prepare foods the way you enjoy them is a great skill to have. So play around with spices, try combining some fruits and vegetables with various proteins and see what it is that you like and enjoy to eat that is also healthy. Some people do better with high carb, others with high fat, but the simplest way to go about things is to eat unprocessed foods 90% of the time. You can’t go wrong there. There are several diet programs out there to follow such as Weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Paleo, Atkins, etc., etc., but then again using one of these diet programs might work well for one person and not well for another. Most of these programs work quite well, but it is when people no longer use the program they end up putting the weight back on. You must stay consistent. CONSISTENCY is KEY to the fastest way to fat loss. Consistency with your exercise and your nutrition – each and every.single.day. So what helps with consistency? Journaling! People who write down what they eat are 90% more successful at losing weight than those who don’t. Keeping track of what you put in your mouth will help you see just how much good vs bad food you are eating and if you are getting enough water. Keeping track of your workouts help you get stronger faster and the stronger you are typically the better you look. I can tell you first hand about this tip – I worked at a women’s only gym for 2 years and it was a requirement for these ladies to keep a journal of what they ate and drank. And you know what? We had over a 90% success rate! We had several people lose 25+ lbs. We had women lose over 50 lbs. For the other 10%? Well, some had medical conditions, but for the most part, they didn’t journal their food or show up for their workouts. Exercise each day. Eat unprocessed foods. Drink enough water. Get enough sleep – short on sleep can raise your cortisol levels therefore holding on to fat storage and can also increase your cravings for sweets as it is fast energy.  OK, I’ll admit this last tip drives me a bit crazy. As a mother of two small children I rarely get enough sleep and can also tell you first hand it DOES increase your cravings for sweets. So do the best you can on getting enough sleep on a regular basis to keep those cravings at bay. Feel free to follow me on my Facebook page or check out more from me on my blog at www.zuzanaorbodyrockaddict.blogspot.com

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published