. . Fiber Packed Black Bean Brownies . Posted by BodyRocker Sia Cooper
Brownies are hands down one of my favorite guiltiest pleasures, but sometimes a single serving can pack more than 300 calories! Yikes! So, what’s a healthier alternative to this irresistible indulgence? Try using black beans! Seriously, you cannot taste much of a difference at all. Black beans are not only high in fiber and folate- they are great for regulating your digestive system and blood sugar levels! If you are a chocolate lover, but trying to watch the scale, then try making these figure friendly black bean brownies: . Ingredients:
- 1 (15oz.) can of black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Puree rinsed & drained black beans in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix puree with the eggs & oil, then adding the remaining ingredients of cocoa, oil, honey, vanilla, salt, & chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Brownies are complete when a knife comes out clean when poked in the middle of the pan.