Prep: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes serves: 4
This is a great, simple recipe that will change the way you feel about fish. For those of you worried about mercury you can rest easy, unless you are eating fish everyday as your sole protein source you are not consuming enough to worry. Fish’s benefits when eaten as part of a well balanced diet out weigh the possible risk of mercury contamination. Some benefits of fish include:
- They are a great source of lean protein
- They may help reduce your risk for stroke (heart happy omega-3)
- Omega-3 is an essential fat that must be consumed through food and has been shown to decrease blood pressure
- They can help lower Triglyceride levels
- Omega-3 are good for your heart, immune system and lower your risk of obesity
- They contain B-Vitamins which are essential to a healthy metabolism and immune system
- Tuna is low in fat and calories
- 2 cans of light tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 2 Green onions, minced
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp low sodium organic soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients without olive oil in large bowl.
- Form 4 patties and pan fry until both sides are brown.
- Serve on whole wheat bun or for a low card option on lettuce.