Since giving birth 5 months ago, one of my personal goals has always been to get my pre-baby abs back. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but then again I was not doing very much to help my goal. Taking care of a newborn and the lack of sleep made me want to sit on the couch and just relax. But over time, my abdominal muscles started to disappear and I appeared more bloated than ever. So, I decided to set a goal for 30 days and go hard! I did the following 3 exercises every night before bed for each day for 30 days: 10 reps each, 3 sets each.
1. Reverse Crunch
- Lie on the floor and place hands on the floor or behind the head.
- Bring the knees in towards the chest until they're bent to 90 degrees, with feet together or crossed.
- Contract the abs to curl the hips off the floor, reaching the legs up towards the ceiling.
- Lower and repeat.
- It's a very small movement, so try to use your abs to lift your hips rather than swinging your legs and creating momentum.
- Lie on your left side on an exercise mat with your legs extended straight downward and the right leg on top of the left. Place your left hand on your abdominals. Place your right hand behind your head. This is your starting position.
- Raise your right let straight in the air while simultaneously raising your torso, bringing your right elbow toward your right leg.
- Hold for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat for a complete set and then switch sides.
- Raise both legs toward the ceiling.
- Keeping them straight, lower your left leg until it’s about six inches off the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the floor and grasp the back of your right leg, gently pulling it toward you.
- Switch legs and repeat on other side.
- Quickly complete 10 reps (no pausing!)