Flourless brownies, flourless chocolate cake, flourless anything just sounds fancy. When I hear it, I envision paying $20 for a dessert at a fancy restaurant that is the size of a quarter. You will not have that problem with these flourless brownies. With my instructions below on how to make your own homemade coconut butter, you can make these brownies in your pajamas and save yourself the $20. Just to clarify, I am not knocking any fancy restaurant especially since they always wash the dishes and that is worth whatever price they charge me since I don’t like dishes. I just realized I am blabbing and when it comes to reading my blabbing or making brownies, I know I will always lose. Especially since I have my own brownie addiction, given the fact it is the recipe I have the most of on my entire site.
Flourless BrowniesI love these flourless brownies because they are simple. One of the biggest aha moments I have experienced with living a paleo lifestyle has been realizing that delicious comes from simplicity. So many amazing foods exist and by getting creative we can create amazing flavors without all the junk. The base of these flourless brownies is coconut, and coconut is pretty much a superfood on steroids. So stock up on coconut, get to baking and enjoy these tasty morsels. I also want to share a money saving tip on how to make homemade coconut butter that you can use in these flourless brownies.
How to make Coconut ButterI have a lot of recipes on my website that use coconut butter, including these flourless brownies and I truly believe anything you can make on your own you should. The recipe for homemade coconut butter is so simple that it could almost make itself. Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups shredded and unsweetened coconut
- Pulse the shredded coconut in food processor for 10 minutes until smooth. Scrape down sides when needed and pause occasionally to prevent food processor from overheating.
- Be patient, it will look like nothing is happening and then all of a sudden, boom, you have homemade coconut butter.
- Store in an airtight container, there is no reason to refrigerate. I will get this added to my master storage guide.
- 1 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup fresh apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit
- Place all of your ingredients together in a mixing bowl except your apricots
- Use your hand mixer and form your batter
- Once mixed well, fold in your apricots by hand and ensure an even distribution
- Pour your batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish (grease with coconut oil)
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until your brownies pass the toothpick test
- Remove from oven, let cool
- Cut and Enjoy