November 26, 2014
Food To Be Fit: The BEST Salad
This is a salad of many names. Middle Eastern Salad, Chopped Salad, Israeli Salad...I'm not one to argue semantics, so I'm just going to bypass all of those names and go for something new. This salad will now be known as The BEST Salad! So light and delicious, I love that you can taste everything in it!! It might take you a while to chop everything up into little pieces, but I promise you the end result is worth it. If you plan on taking this for lunch, or keeping it in the fridge overnight, the avocado should be fine as there is lemon juice on it to keep it from browning. However, totally up to you if you want to add your own avocado when you want to eat your salad. I'd also recommend keeping the tahini dressing off of the salad when staying in the fridge.
- Cherry Tomato
- Chicken Breast
- Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
- Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 425 F, and wash all vegetables.
- Season chicken with only a little bit of sea salt and black pepper, place on a prepared baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Finely chop cucumber, cherry tomato, shallot and avocado and place in bowl.
- Remove chicken from the oven and cube to a small size and place on top of veggies.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix tahini to equal parts water.
- Either pour dressing on top, or serve on side.