I usually try to stay away from anything canned or pre-made, but sometimes you're just in a rush and still want something homemade, and healthier than fast food. This is perfect for those nights where you're lazy but don't want to cheat on your meal plan...and it's DELICIOUS. Quick and easy, this will feed the whole family and is made in about 5 minutes...all you need to do is pop it in the oven and wait for the timer to go off. Sidetone: just so you know, certain tins and plastics are made free of BPA, so try to find those if you're using canned ingredients. If you can find a glass jar however, go with that!
- Large Steelhead Trout Fillet (skin removed if possible)
- 1/2 bottle of Renee's low fat Poppy Seed dressing
- 1 tin mandarin oranges
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Soak the cedar wood plank in for 2-4 hours, or overnight if you have the time.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper with the ends extending over the edges. Place the soaked board on top of the paper and then the salmon on the plank.
- Pour half of a small bottle of light Poppy Seed dressing over the whole trout.
- Pour the juice of the mandarin oranges along the side of the pan (don’t pour the juice over the fish or it will wash away the dressing).
- Spread the mandarin oranges over the fish. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes depending on the size of the fish (I like to cook the fish until the sauce is bubbling and it is slightly brown on top).