Who gave Mayonnaise a bad rep? Grocery store mayonnaise does have A LOT of unhealthy ingredients in it; I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. But - if you make it yourself, it only takes about 3 minutes to make, and you know exactly what you're putting into your body. Anyways - this salad is UNREAL. Creamy, crunchy, and tasty, it's full of fresh veggies and unprocessed ingredients. Try it with a clean, lean protein and you've got an amazing meal.
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup homemade light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar & vinegar together in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- Chop vegetables and place in a large bowl, add broccoli florets and shredded cheese (feel free to add any other salad ingredient you like. Sprouted legumes, tomatoes, and hemp seeds make wonderful additions).
- Mix in dressing & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve cold.