If you're in a rush for dinner, this is for you. Quick, easy, healthy, and full of flavour!! The first time I made this, my boyfriend thought I was cooking the entire afternoon...that's how good it was. Let's just say I didn't tell him it took me about 10 minutes to prepare, and 50 minutes in the oven. Easy peasy!
- 8 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (leave the skin on, 1-inch cubes)
- 2 carrots (halved and quartered lengthwise, then cut into quarters)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 chicken breasts
- ½ tsp each salt & pepper
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spread 1 tbsp olive oil on the bottom of a large glass baking dish and set aside.
- Combine garlic, sweet potatoes, carrots & onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well, ensuring that the vegetables are lightly coated with oil.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with salt & pepper, as well as chili flakes and parsley. Surround the chicken with the vegetables and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.