This recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy snack or lunch for grown-ups and kids. I made this in about 10 minutes, and it was such a big hit in my house that I was sent back to the kitchen to make another round. Seriously, these are amazing - enjoy!
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 can white flaked tuna
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp homemade light mayonnaise
- Cut the ends of the English cucumbers off.
- Cut English cucumbers in half widthwise and then lengthwise. You should have 4 pieces.
- Cut a even slice off of the bottom round part of each cucumber piece, to help the submarines sit upright.
- Using a sharp knife, make 2 cuts to the inside of the English cucumber in a “V” shape, to loosen the seedy area inside. Discard seeds.
- Mix the drained tuna, chopped shallot and homemade mayo until well combined.
- Spoon into your cucumber submarines, garnish with red chilli flakes.