January 08, 2015
Food To Be Fit: Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Sautéed Gai-Lan
I decided to be creative and make Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Fillets with sautéed Gai-Lan (Chinese Broccoli). Well...to keep my food reviews & comments minimal, lets just say my boyfriend almost licked the plate, and all I could hear in between bites was "WHOA!", "UNREAL!", "AMAZING!", and "MMM". So, without further ado:
Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- 1 tbsp Keen's Hot Mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp 100% maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Less-Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 6oz. salmon fillets
- 1 bunch Gai-Lan (Chinese Broccoli)
- 1-2 thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a medium sized bowl, mix hot mustard, honey, garlic powder, maple syrup, lemon juice & teriyaki sauce until well combined.
- Place salmon fillets face down in the marinade and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Set oven rack to about 8-inches from the top. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a glass baking dish, place salmon fillets face up and pour the marinade into the dish. Set timer for 15 minutes and place in the oven.
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté the garlic and shallots and crushed red chilli flakes until fragrant. Add Gai-Lan and cook covered until bright green and fork tender.
- After cook time is finished, broil salmon for 5 minutes so the top gets a golden brown & the marinade on top thickens.