July 25, 2016
For A Healthy Meal In A Jiffy, Try This Super Quick Pea Soup! (Recipe)
You may have spent your childhood pushing peas around your plate, wishing they were something more delicious -- well, now they ARE something more delicious! Your mother wasn't lying to you when she said peas are good for you. Green peas are an excellent source of B vitamins, including niacin and folate which can help you break down the food you eat and convert it into usable energy. Peas also contain vitamins C and K, manganese, zinc, protein, magnesium, iron, potassium, and fiber! So, if you need a meal that comes together in a hurry and fills you up without filling you out, this soup, inspired by the BodyRock Meal Plan, is exactly what you're looking for! Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsco8QipoU&feature=youtu.be Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 large handfuls of fresh or frozen peas
- 4.5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 sprig basil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- Add the coconut oil to a large pan and melt over low heat. Add the onions and slowly fry for 10 mins.
- Add the cooked onion, peas and stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the mint, basil, and rosemary.
- Blend the entire mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Season a pinch of salt and pepper, top with parsley and serve!