This salad is sweet, savory and all around delicious. And the best part about it, it is only 449 calories a serving!
Kale continues to be celebrated as a super food, and with good reason! This leafy green is one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet! Kale contains large amounts of vitamins A, B6, C, and K as well as manganese, calcium, copper, potassium and magnesium! And that's only naming a few! It provides you with all these benefits without costing you a bunch of extra calories!
The best part about kale is that you can creatively pair it with so many other fruit and vegetables for a truly tasty meal. Inspired by the BodyRock Meal Plan
, this particular salad sweetens things up with parsnips and carrots!
The olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado give this dish a dose of healthy fats while the hemp
provides you with protein!
Trust us, your vitamins and minerals never tasted this good!
For the salad:
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups of kale, shredded
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tsp tamari
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350. On a baking sheed, drizzle the carrots and parsnips with coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together and massaging it onto the kale. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix the kale with the hemp seeds. Top with the carrots, parsnip, avocado and sunflower seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Mix this salad up tonight and let us know what you think!
Have You Taken The BodyRock 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge?
We’ve put together a 7 Day Guide that helps you to buy the right foods and prepare the meals that are going to help you eat well and create healthy habits in your lifestyle.
Learn More about the Clean Eating Challenge