Your doctor says, "you can resume your usual activity in 5-8 weeks" If it were that simple, I would be thrilled! In the 5.5 weeks since my Mommy Makeover (Fleur De Lis tummy tuck with breast augmentation), I've gained 6.6 pounds and lost muscle, tone, flexibility and much more! Today I took my measurements, pictures, downloaded my 14 day nutrition guide and downloaded My Fitness Pal to track my calorie intake. Am I ready to go and HIIT it like I was able to 6 weeks ago? No! Easing into your fitness routine is VITAL! Muscles atrophy so quickly when not used. Steps you and I can use to get back to where we were or want to be are
- stretching daily. Maybe ever 2 hours bend from your waist and touch your toes, if possible
- walk daily. Increase the duration and speed daily
- lift. Start out light and increase
- repetition. Add more reps either daily or several times per week.
- Mentally prepare. As much physical determination, comes mental focus and determination.
- Understand your body needs time to recover. Treat your body with love and positive self talk
- Reward yourself weekly or monthly for sticking to your goals
- If the scale isn't your friend, try measuring instead. You WILL see results that way.