Everyone loves a good breakfast treat, but pancakes feel like they're more of a guilty pleasure than a healthy dose of fuel and nourishment. One is never enough, so when you do indulge, you often find yourself taking down an entire stack, and then, surprisingly, find your stomach grumbling just two hours later. [bctt tweet="This pancake recipe will up your breakfast game. "] For a truly delicious alternative to your typical pancakes, try out this recipe complete with protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg! You'll feel fuller longer and won't find each bite to be as guilty as you imagined.
- For the spice mix:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- For the pancakes:
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (vanilla flavor is a good option)
- 1/3 cup 1% plain Greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 medium pear, cut into bite-sized chunks (optional)
- For the spice mix, combine cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine protein powder, yogurt, egg whites, oats, coconut flour, spice mix, baking powder, and molasses and mix well.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet and put over medium heat.
- For each pancake, ladle about 1/4 cup of batter and cook until bubbles begin to form; roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. The pancake should be golden brown.