5 Foods You Had NO IDEA Contained Gluten...Until Now!
May 02, 20142 min read
Being gluten free requires a lot of work. We must pass on dinner rolls, birthday cake, and pancakes...but without gluten, there is no longer the inflammation and digestive problems we once had and we feel healthier overall.
BUT, did you know that some foods that we would never expect to contain gluten, do in fact, contain gluten?!
Since going gluten free almost a year ago, I have a lot of experience in feeling the "gluten inflammation" after eating a meal in which I thought did not contain gluten.
Below are 5 common foods which secretly contain gluten:
1. Processed Meats:Sausage and lunch meats sometimes contain gluten! Most processed meats contain flour as a filler. Safest bet is to only buy organic, grass-fed meats and poultry.
2. Imitation Crab: Think that getting a California roll at your local sushi restaurant is a safe, gluten-free bet? Think again! When combined with gluten-filled soy sauce, imitation crab is "fluffed" with flour.
3. Cornbread: A "safe" option for us gluten free folks, cornbread, when coming from a box or store bought, most likely contains wheat. It is best to make your own cornbread from scratch.
4. Salad Dressings: Make sure to check the label of the dressing! Some companies use wheat in their dressings to thicken the dressings, label reading is extremely important for those of us who cut out gluten from our diets!
5. Licorice! Now, I know that you may not be munching on licorice right now or ever, but in case you find yourself on a movie date...back away from the wheat-filled red or black candy! Save yourself!
Now that you have a little more awareness of foods that contain gluten and the reminder to READ LABELS, you can go out into the gluten-filled world as your gluten-free self and feel aware of what you are eating.
Peace and gluten-free love,
Sign up to get articles like these delivered right to your inbox.
Shipping & Delivery
Fast, 2 Day Shipping. We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA via 2 day expedited shipping with our partners at FEDEX. Once your order is received and processed, it’s just 2 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via FedEx with expedited 2-Day shipping.
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International, which is usually in transit for 5-7 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with FedEx, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Signatures are required on all orders.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.