I love making homemade pizza, and spelt flour is my recent go-to flour for baking. It isn’t gluten-free, but it is wheat free. Spelt is an ancient grain that our bodies can process a bit better than regular refined flour.
- 2 ½ - 3 cups spelt flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp honey or cane sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- Mix yeast, honey, and warm water in medium bowl. Let proof 8 minutes
- Add in the flour, flax, and salt, mix together well.
- Add in olive oil, and knead for a few minutes until elastic and less sticky, adding more flour if needed. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread the dough evenly over a greased pan. Add your toppings and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.