The holidays are nothing short of exhausting. Running around, preparing dinners, shopping, ect. Seems like everyone (aside from me!) will be on the go for all those Black Friday specials. I try and stay as far away as possible! I've never been a shopper, none the less I am far too much of an angry - aggressive driver to handle the crowds! BUT if you must be out over the next few weeks, here is a great list of my favorite foods to grab when you're on the go! I defiantly try and limit the amount of food I eat out but sometimes, you just don't have a choice. I am constantly on the go, and sometimes my sweet little zebra patterned lunch box can't handle the Arizona sun to keep my food cold all day!...nobody wants to see me hangry! This is a list of my favorite "fast" on the go meals / snacks you can pick up while Black Friday Shopping:
Starbucks: Unfortunately one of my most common go to places lately has been Starbucks. Not only because I need a few shots of espresso to keep my going by mid morning but it's fast and does have healthy lunch options.
- Protein Bistro Box - It's the perfect snack packed full of the right protein, fats and natural sugars. Cage-free egg, white Cheddar cheese, honey peanut butter spread, multigrain muesli bread, apples and grapes and only 380 calories.
- Reduced-Fat Turkey Bacon & White Cheddar Classic Breakfast Sandwich. It is pretty rare that I'm not able to eat at home for my first meal, but case in point - if I am ever in need of a quick breakfast, I will pick up one of these little suckers. Reduced-fat turkey bacon with cage-free egg white and white Cheddar cheese on a multigrain English muffin.
Chipotle: Please refer back to an older post #4! Chipotle is the closest thing I come to eating fast food - and yes, I have had plenty of debates that Chipotle is/isn't fast good - agree to disagree, to me it is fast food! Buffet-style, you get to build it with fresh, local ingredients. Chipolte offers organic, hormone- and antibiotic-free meats, and produce sourced from local suppliers, which is revolutionary in a chain this big.
- Salad: I get a Salad Bowl, with double chicken, brown rice, veggies and Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa on the side. Though it comes packed full of sodium, it's pretty unbeatable when searching for a good meal. I only eat half at a time to contain portion size, but this full meal is 590 calories.
Paradise Bakery: As hard as they are to resist, you HAVE to resist the free chocolate chip cookies that come with your lunch meal. The suckers are 300 calories EACH! but yess they are sooooo good! but not worth the extra time on the stair stepper!
- Chicken Walnut Signature Sandwich on Molasses Bread. All-Natural, Antibiotic-free chicken walnut salad, lettuce and tomatoes. 570 calories for the full sandwich. I will also get a side chicken caesar salad and eat half of each. I typically wouldn't eat mayo on any other occasion but I do love this sandwich.
Einsteins Bagels: ok, well we all know that bagels are pretty high carb, and the extra butter and cream cheese can really get you in trouble. I love stopping into an Einsteins not only to get my caffeine fix but they offer healthier alternatives such as reduced fat shmears, hummus and peanut butter.
- Power Protein Bagel topped with reduced fat honey almond shmears. This is defiantly my go to breakfast if I'm in a rush. You can also check our their "smart choices" menu for other healthy selections.