October 17, 2014
Greek Yogurt Frozen Berries
Frozen Yogurt-Covered Berries
- 2 cups fresh berries (any combination of blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bamboo skewers or toothpicks
- Wash berries, remove stems, and allow to dry completely on paper towels.
- Prepare a baking sheet or large plastic tray with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Drizzle honey and vanilla into yogurt and stir until well combined.
- Skewer one berry at a time and dip in the yogurt.
- Thoroughly coat each berry, then transfer to the lined baking sheet and remove skewer.
- Repeat the process with the remaining berries, placing them a couple of centimeters apart.
- Once all the berries are coated, transfer the baking sheet or tray to the freezer and allow to freeze completely, about 1-3 hours.
- Once berries are completely frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and place them in a freezer-safe plastic bag or airtight container until ready to serve.