I have a sweet tooth. That is no lie. But, as a mother of three, I always try and find healthy alternatives for our family when it comes to desserts. About a year ago, I started making homemade ice cream/frozen yogurt, and not in an ice cream maker, but in a blender. What I love is that just like making smoothies, you can experiment and try new fruits and flavors, and figure out what works and what everyone loves! My kids LOVE when I make this and request it often. First, because they love bananas and second, well, they love ice cream (and to them, ice cream and frozen yogurt are pretty much the same)! What's great about this is that from the bananas, to the yogurt ,and fix in's, everything is natural and healthy. I love using Greek yogurt and prefer Fage over all other brands. I also use Siggi's. For this recipe, I used coconut flavor and both Siggi's and Fage make it.
- 3 frozen ripe bananas
- 8 oz. yogurt ( I used Fage Coconut)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- cinnamon/sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Put yogurt and coconut in blender first then all frozen bananas on top. Blend.
- Slowly add almond milk and extract until creamy. Depending on how thick or creamy you like it, add less or more of the milk.
- Re-Freeze for 10 minutes if necessary.
- Scoop into bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. ENJOY!