Who's a fool for Starbucks Frappuccinos? I used to be, until I read the nutritional info out of curiosity. I bet you didn't realize that the average size carries anywhere between 300-400 calories per serving! Well, I had no clue either. I decided to create my own version at home to cut myself the calories and keep my wallet full.
Healthier Copycat Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino
- 1 1/2 cups crushed iced
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder or 1/4 cup 70% or higher dark chocolate chips, melted
- ¾ cup strongly brewed coffee or one shot of esspresso
- ¾ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 packets of Stevia for sweetness
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Paleo coconut whipped cream, made fresh using this recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except whipped cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and garnish with extra melted dark chocolate.
Approximately Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 210 Calories from fat 110