Healthy Snacks At Work
Maintaining a healthy diet at work can be difficult. I know just how hard it can be to resist the vending machine when your 3PM snack craving sets in at the office. You don't need to deprive yourself of snacks though! Having healthy snacks throughout the day will keep your mind functioning at it's optimum, your energy levels high, your mood stable, and prevent you from over-indulging after work and gaining weight. Here are a few snack ideas for the workplace.
- Raw nuts or seeds
- Raw veggies and hummus
- Small piece of 80% dark chocolate
- Apple with 1 tbsp nut butter
- Natural homemade protein bar
- Green Smoothie with natural protein powder. You can pre-make the smoothie at home, freeze it overnight, then let it thaw out at work!
- 1 cup of blueberries and a handful of walnuts
- Raw oatmeal (this brand makes superfood packed raw oatmeal- you just add water! It even comes with it's own spoon!)
- 2 boiled eggs with raw veggies!
- 1/2 Avocado with Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3 stalks celery with 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced with lemon pepper
- 2 cups of organic popcorn (popped at home on the stove with coconut oil)
- If there is a local juice bar, have them make you a green juice full of veggies!
Staying healthy and on track at work is all about being prepared! Prepare smoothies in advance, keep raw nuts and nut butter in your desk, keep the break room fridge stocked with veggies. Drink plenty of water and herbal tea throughout your workday. You can add liquid chlorophyl to give your water a refreshing mint taste, plus it'll give you an energy boost!