I threw this little number together with whatever I had in the fridge so feel free to adjust the ingredients to what you have. You can even use chicken or tofu for a vegetarian option. Your choice of vegetables is also very flexible, don't be afraid to get creative. I have also used leftovers in the past and it has come out divine!
If you are looking for an appetizer cut the finished product into multiple strips and serve it with my Spicy steakhouse dip
- 16 oz Steak
- ½ package of mushrooms
- ½ cup Mixed bell peppers
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Lavash Bread whole wheat wraps ( Lavash bread)
- Grill your steak until desired pinkness (I like mine to MOOO)
- Set aside and cut into small strips
- Grill bell peppers and mushrooms for 5 minutes over medium heat with a splash of olive oil and set aside
- Take you lavash bread and add your ingredients (cheese, veggies,steak) to the middle, fold the bread in half with the ingredients inside.
- If you have a panini grill or George foreman like I used place the bread on the grill and cook until cheese has melted.
- If you do not have a grill then use a pan over the stove and heat the bread, flipping half way through, until cheese has melted (like a quesadilla)
- Cut in half and serve HOT!
Spicy Steakhouse spread/dip **
- ½ cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Mccormick steak seasoning
- A little hot sauce