Any good diet should include three things: carbohydrates (to fuel exercise), protein (to repair muscles), and fat (to keep you satiated). How you distribute those grams makes all the difference. Calories below based on a 150-pound, 5'4" woman, age 28.
For Endurance, Eat...
20-35 percent fat 50-55 percent or more from carbs 15-20 percent protein Total daily cals: 2,500 (training 1 to 1.5 hours per day)
HERE'S HOW THAT LOOKS IN A DAY'S WORTH OF MEALS:
- Overnight oatmeal with 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1 cup blueberries, and 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Latte with 8 oz coffee and 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 apple
- 1 Strong and Kind Honey BBQ KIND bar
- Hummus wrap with 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus, 1 cup arugula, 1/4 cup sliced tomatoes, 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers, 1/4 cup sliced green peppers, 1/4 cup sprouts, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt with 1/4 cup dried craisins and 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Green smoothie with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbsp ground flax seed, 1 banana, and 2 cups spinach
- Stir-fry with 1 cup cooked brown rice, 5 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup chopped bell peppers, 1/4 cup water chestnuts, and 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
2,474 (30 percent fat, 53 percent carbohydrates, 18 percent protein) Total Fat:
84 grams Total Carbohydrates:
333 grams Total Fiber:
41 grams Total Protein:
For Strength, Eat...
20 percent protein 45-50 percent carbs 25-30 percent fat Total daily cals: 2,100 (training 1 hour per day) HERE'S HOW THAT LOOKS IN A DAY'S WORTH OF MEALS: Breakfast
- Spinach and mushroom scramble with 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup mushrooms, and 2 Tbsp grated Swiss cheese
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- Black bean burrito bowl with 2 cups shredded lettuce, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1/2 cup cooked black beans, 3 oz shredded chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, and 1/4 avocado (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp hummus with 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 whole-wheat thin sandwich bun with 1/4 pound lean ground beef burger patty (90% lean), 2 slices of tomato, and 2 pieces of lettuce
- 1 cup butternut squash (sliced into fry shapes and tossed with salt, pepper, 1 tsp oil, and a pinch of chili powder), roasted at 400°F until crispy and golden, about 40 minutes
- 1 cup shredded kale tossed with 1 tsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese (season to taste with salt and pepper)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango, thawed, with 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2,110 (30 percent fat, 46 percent carbohydrates, 25 percent protein) Total Fat:
72 grams Total Carbohydrates:
241 grams Total Fiber:
43 grams Total Protein:
For Weightless, Eat...
20 percent protein 25 percent fat 55 percent carbs Total daily cals: 1,400 (to drop 1 to 1.5 pounds per week) Breakfast
- 1/2 whole wheat English muffin (toasted) with 1 cup spinach leaves (steamed), 1 poached egg, 1 slice of tomato, 1 slice of avocado, and salt/pepper/a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 3 cups spinach leaves with 3 oz salmon (like the pouch kind or leftover from dinner the night before), 1/2 cup trimmed green beans, 2 Tbsp sweet onions (sliced paper thin), 1 hard-boiled egg (sliced), and 2 Tbsp low-fat honey dijon vinaigrette
- 1 piece string cheese
- 1/2 cup mango chunks (thawed from frozen or fresh)
- 4 oz shredded chicken with 2 Tbsp low-fat Caesar dressing, 1 cup butterleaf lettuce (torn), and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced) in 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 1 cup tomato soup
Total Calories: 1,399 (23 percent fat, 56 percent carbohydrates, 22 percent protein) Total Fat: 36.9 grams Total Carbohydrates: 199.4 grams Total Fiber: 27.4 grams Total Protein: 80.7 grams
Source: Women's Health
Have You Taken The BodyRock 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge?
We've put together a 7 Day Guide that helps you to buy the right foods and prepare the meals that are going to help you eat well and create healthy habits in your lifestyle. Learn More about the Clean Eating Challenge
Do you follow us on Instagram?
[caption id="attachment_105144" align="alignnone" width="100"]