Having trouble drifting off to dreamland? Watching the clock as hours pass and you're still wide awake? Science explains that no amount of warm milky drinks or white noise machines can rival this simple breathing technique for catching z's. The concept was pioneered by Arizona's Dr. Andrew Weil, a leader in holistic medicine. How to Fall Asleep in 60 Seconds:
- Start by exhaling deeply and completely through your mouth while making a "whoosh" sound.
- Next inhale gently through your nose for a count of 4
- Hold your breath for a count of 7
- Exhale through your mouth making a "whoosh" sound for a count of 8
- Repeat this process for a total of 4 times