One of the best ways to get a quality high intensity workout with weights is to incorporate a technique called the Drop Set. A drop set is the simple technique where you perform a set of any exercise to failure or just short of failure, then reduce the weight and continue on reducing the weight until you reach a set stopping point. According to Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, the drop set method was originally "discovered" in 1947 by Henry Atkins, editor of Body Culture magazine. Since its inception it has been used by many bodybuilders as the premier way to tear down muscle fibers and increase hypertrophy (muscle size).
So, how can you incorporate it into your routine? Easy! Follow these simple rules and you will be on your way to building those boulder shoulders or that lifted booty that you have always wanted!
1. Keep the "rest" between sets to a minimum. Some people will go as long as 3 minutes between sets. If you are looking to torch fat and build muscle opt for 45 seconds to a minute at max between sets
2. Stay in the 8-12 rep range. This will ensure maximum hypertrophy and keep you in the fat burning zone.
3. Start with three drops and increase from there as you progress. Try to incorporate this into your regular routine as a finisher and then add more drops as you progress.
4. Practice this technique when the gym is less crowded as it is difficult to grab all the weights needed if there are others using them.
5. Set up your station before you start. In my video below I show you how to have your weights prepped so you can just get ready and go.
Watch the video below for a quick shoulder side lateral raise dropset to see how it works!
image from: www.leanitup.com
Due to COVID-19, shipping systems the world over are experiencing abnormal delays. There is an enormous demand on postal and delivery services as online shopping has skyrocketed, due to store closures and stay-at-home mandates. This is an unprecedented situation, and we are working around the clock to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. To be clear, we are filling orders in 4-6 days, and we are shipping immediately after that. Once shipped, our shipping partner, UPS, will get your order out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.