December 09, 2013
Holiday Guide for Food Combinations and What to Avoid
A study was published that an average person is expected to gain 8 pounds during the holidays so now I have coined a new term! Forget the Freshmen 15 – I am now going to call the holiday weight gain the Inevitable Eight! Fear not – some of this weight gain can be due to water retention and bloating and this can be from combining the wrong foods together. So here is a list of typical foods that you would normally eat during Christmas that may cause you to feel bloated, sluggish, and tired. 1) Turkey and Roasted Potatoes
- Protein and Starch – Avoid!
- Fruits are best eaten alone!
- Fruits, Meats, Carbs, and Dairy = a20 Recipe for Disaster!
- Dairy, Fruits, Saturated/Trans Fats, and Carbs – Need I say more?
- Concentrate on One Protein!