Do you love french fries, but are trying to avoid eating way too many carbs? As tempting and delicious as french fries are, they are not the best choice of a side dish. Try these carrot "fries" instead! Ingredients:
- 1 pound of fresh carrots, cut into ½ inch sticks
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse carrots in cold water and peel them with the ends cut off before cutting into ½ inch sticks that are about 4-5 inches long.
- Place prepared carrots onto a greased cookie sheet for baking.
- Then drizzle the olive oil and honey over the top of the sliced carrot sticks following by a sprinkling of salt, coating evenly.
- Then bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the carrots are crisp with tender centers.