How do you lose weight? Substitute diet drinks for sugary drinks. Eat low fat foods. Just eat less of the bad foods – it’s all about the calories. We are told, “Just have more willpower”. These ideas are false. They are food and diet industry propaganda that make and keep us fat and sick. Lies by the food industry combined with bad government policy based on food industry lobbying are the major cause of our obesity and diabetes epidemic. Now over 35 percent of Americans are obese, and almost 70 percent are overweight. This is not an accident but the result of careful marketing and money in politics. WHAT THE FOOD AND DIET INDUSTRY DOESN’T WANT YOU TO KNOW Diet drinks may be worse than sugar-sweetened drinks, which are worse than fruit juices (but only fresh-squeezed fruit juices). The study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition discovered some frightening facts that should make us all swear off diet drinks and products.
- Diet sodas raised the risk of diabetes more than sugar-sweetened sodas!
- Women who drank one 12-ounce diet soda had a 33 percent increased risk of type 2 diabetes and women who drank one 20-ounce soda had a 66 percent increased risk.
- Women who drank diet sodas drank twice as much as those who drank sugar- sweetened sodas because artificial sweeteners are more addictive and are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar.
- The average diet soda drinker consumes 3 diet drinks a day.
- Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar activating our genetically programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.
- They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
- It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn less calories everyday.
- It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.
- In animal studies, the rats that consumed artificial sweeteners ate more, their metabolism slowed, and they put on 14 percent more body fat in just two weeks – EVEN eating less calories.
- In population studies there was a 200 percent increased risk of obesity in diet soda drinkers.
Do you follow us on Instagram?[caption id="attachment_104277" align="alignnone" width="100"] @BodyRockTV[/caption]