How To Beat The Bloat Tips/The Debloater Smoothie Recipe
July 01, 20132 min read
Bloating is a common day-to-day struggle that leaves many people feeling sluggish and self-consicious. Here are some tips to beat the bloat:
1. More Bacteria Please. One of the main causes of bloating is not having enough of the good bacteria in your gut. Maintaining a healthy gut flora is the key to looking and feeling great. Taking a quality probiotic supplement and eating fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kim-chi, or kombucha can eliminate bloating all together!
2. Digestion. As we age, we lose the enzymes that help us break down & digest foods. When you are not digesting your foods properly, you also are not absorbing the nutrients properly! Taking a digestive enzyme supplement while eating a heavy meal will help you break down the food and help ease the discomfort after.
3. Watch the fruit. Enjoy fruit on an empty stomach, or with leafy greens. Fruit digests very quickly and will ferment in your stomach (causing bloating). It's also a good idea to choose low GI and low sugar fruits like berries, grapefruit, green apples, and lemon.
4. Slow Down. Inhaling a meal like it is your last can create digestive problems. Digestion begins in the mouth with your saliva. So, make sure you eat mindfully and chew thoroughly. The more chewing you do, the easier it will be on your digestive tract, resulting in less bloating around the belly.
5. Drink Water. Water and lots of it, at least 2 liters a day. But avoid liquids with your meals! Leave at least a 30 minute gap between food and liquids, this will prevent the dilution of your digestive juices. Small sips during meals are fine.
Want to look good in your bikini and feel amazing overall? Ditch the soda, sugary juice and alcohol for water. Especially avoid diet soda. Diet sodas have artificial sweeteners that can not be digested. Not only will the artificial sweeteners leave you bloated, they’ll cause a whole lot of other health issues. If you can’t seem to get off the soda, try kombucha. Kombucha is rich in probiotics and enzymes and has that bubbly effervescence.
6. Eat real. Bye bye processed foods. Eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. This means vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins. Minimize gluten, soy & dairy. The cleaner you eat, the less bloated you’ll be.
7. Calm the mind. There is a mind-gut connection. A stressed mind can manifest itself in the belly and produce inflammation. Try some stress-reducing techniques such as meditation, yoga, walking, massage, or a bubble bath!
The Debloater SmoothieIngredients:
2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Juice (Aloe is very cooling and soothing to the digestive tract)
1 cup Frozen Pineapple (Pineapple contains the digestive enzyme Bromelain, which helps break down food)
1/4 cup Fresh Mint leaves (Mint is very soothing to the stomach)
1/2 inch piece of Fresh Ginger (Ginger aids gastrointestinal distress. It relieves gas, prevents nausea, & is an anti-inflammatory)
1 Lime peeled
3 cups of Baby Spinach
2 tablespoons of Hemp Seeds (optional, for an extra protein boost!)
1/2 cup of water
Blend all ingredients together until smooth and enjoy!
Sign up to get articles like these delivered right to your inbox.
Become a Bodyrocker
Be the first to know about free workouts, promotions, fitness and health advice!
Thank you for signing up!
Shipping & Delivery
We ship within Canada and the United States via FedEx with expedited 2-Day shipping.
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International, which is usually in transit for 5-7 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with FedEx, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Signatures are required on all orders.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.