Anyone who has ever tried knows that low-carb eating can be a wonderful, healthy option. Somewhere along the lines, however, low-carb has been mistaken for 'no fun.' There are several really delicious foods that people consider to be occasional indulgences but if you are low-carb, you can pretty much eat them whenever. Some of these foods are actually even considered healthy in the context of a low-carb diet.
1. ButterButter is making a come back! At least among low-carb dieters. Keep in mind that it is good to have butter with your meal, not AS your meal. Other high-fat dairy foods like cheese (fat and protein) and heavy cream (mostly fat) are also perfect on a low carb diet.
2. Nuts and Nut ButtersLow-carb diets are not just about meat and fat. There are plenty of plant foods that can be consumed. Nuts are a great example. Nuts are nutritious, loaded in healthy fats and nutrients like magnesium and Vitamin E. Nut butters are also a good option as long as they are made from nuts and salt without a bunch of added oil. Just a warning though, nuts and nut butters are so yummy that it is incredibly easy to over eat.
3. Dark ChocolateDark chocolate is a super food. In fact, it contains even higher antioxidant activity than blueberries. It can lower blood pressure and raise good cholesterol. It often contains sugar but if you choose an option with a high cocoa content, the amount will be minimal and the majority of calories will come from fat.
4. Pork RindsBasically, pork rinds are just fried pork skin. They are high in glycine which is an amino acid found in cuts of meat that aren't muscle meat. Pork rinds are also high in monounsaturated oleic acid, the same fatty acid that is found in abundance in olive oil. The downside is that they are high in Omega-6 fatty acids which aren't as nutritious so portion these carefully.
5. AvocadosAvocados are a super healthy low carb plant option. They are a fruit high in fiber and potassium. Most of the fats (over 60%) are monounsaturated, with small amounts of saturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
6. BaconBacon is the stuff dreams are made of. Did you know that about 2/3 of bacon fat is unsaturated?! We know processed meats are bad so the key here is to find a high quality, unprocessed variety. Nitrate/nitrite free is the only way to go. Although this is far from being a 'health' food, it can be consumed regularly on a low carb diet without any trouble. It is important to remember that although you can eat these foods, eating them in too great a quantity can and will likely prevent you from losing weight -- nut butters, I'm looking at you! Just remember to make sure that the majority of your diet is made up of unprocessed foods from your meats to fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and healthy fats.For some healthy balanced meal ideas, check out the BodyRock Meal Plan! It is not only a menu planner and nutrition guide, it comes with over 70 recipes so you'll never get bored! But consider yourselves lucky, your low-carb diet will not be thrown off by eating these great indulgent foods! Are you on a low-carb diet? What foods were you shocked to learn you could eat? Source: Epoch Times
Online[/url] Amoxicillin Online dks.xshc.bodyrock.tv.xqp.ms http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya2/
iufxeriuredwe November 28, 2020
Causes Gallstones[/url] Buy Amoxicillin twe.krvc.bodyrock.tv.ehv.er http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya2/
ruevude November 28, 2020
500 Mg[/url] Buy Amoxicillin Online ihz.pnqd.bodyrock.tv.ggl.zb http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya2/
urujorabelu November 28, 2020
Amoxicillin Online[/url] Amoxicillin On Line cjd.mycs.bodyrock.tv.kbf.zo http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya2/
utudihnil November 27, 2020