April 04, 2015
Why You Should Learn to Love Lemons
Lemon water does more than hydrate the body so I thought I would compile a list of the many health benefits of lemons!
- Lemon water tastes great making it easier to drink. Optimal hydration benefits each and every cell in our body.
- It dissolves mucus in the body.
- Flushes the liver and aids the detoxification process.
- The liver can produce more enzymes with the help of lemon juice than any other food element.
- Great source of acid.
- Improves digestion.
- Hot or warm lemon water upon waking encourages the formation of bile, preparing the digestive tract for the day’s meals and also encourages the excretion of the waste and bacteria that accumulated overnight in the bowels.
- Combats h.pylori infection in the stomach.
- Lemons are both antiseptic and antibacterial which wards off illness such as infection and colds.
- Great source of minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus
- Improves the absorption of minerals. For example oxalates in dark leafy greens.
- Alkalizes the body even though lemons are acidic in their raw state.
- Great source of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that is well known for its role in boosting the immune system and wound healing.
- Relieves symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and burping.
- Relieves constipation.
- Breaks down fat and accelerates weight loss.
- Lemon water can help relieve a sore throat.
- Lemons contain antioxidants, which deactivates the free radicals preventing many dangerous diseases like stroke, cardiovascular diseases and cancers.
- Lemon juice is said to give a glow to the skin and can help fight the signs of aging.