This recipe combines almost everything I love into one recipe (I say “almost” because if you somehow managed to work a burrito into a pasta dish well, it’d be weird). Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup edamame (peas not pods)
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup almonds, crushed
- Cook the edamame, by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add in the edamame beans and cook uncovered for 5-6 minutes. Drain the pot.
- Toss together the edamame, cooked pasta, and pesto. You can just toss in a bowl, or fry up in a pan with a little bit of olive oil for a crispier sautéed taste.
- Toast the almonds in a frying pan or in the oven on low heat, just until starting to brown.
- Squeeze the lemon all over the finished dish, and garnish with the toasted almonds.