10 Triangle Push-ups
- Begin the move by positioning the hands on the mat directly under the chest with the fingers spread and the thumbs and forefingers touching, making a triangle shape.
- Straighten the legs into a plank position (harder) or keep the knees on the floor for an easier version.
- Make sure the back is flat and the abs are engaged as you bend the elbows, lowering until your chin or chest touches the mat. If you can't go that low, go as low as you can and work to build enough strength to lower all the way down over time.
- At the bottom of the movement, your elbows will naturally flare out to the side.
- Press back to start, keeping the torso rigid, and repeat.
- Sit on a chair or the end of a bench.
- Place a light dumbbell in each hand and lean over your thighs. Don't collapse onto your legs, but keep your chest about six inches from your quads. Try to straighten your spine and engage your abs.
- Now at the same time, lift both arms up, drawing your elbows back and squeezing your shoulder blades together. Then with control, lower the dumbbells back toward the ground.
15 Chair Dips
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your feet positioned together.
- Place your hands in the edge of the edge with your knuckles facing out.
- When you do the dips, don’t flex your arms to more than 90 degrees.
- Keep your abs and butt tensed during the exercise.
- Slowly lower yourself and then push back up again.
- Breathe in as you go down and out when you push away.
- Lie on bench with narrow overhand grip on barbell.
- Position barbell over shoulders with arms extended.
- Lower bar to forehead by bending elbows.
- Extend arms and repeat.
25 Overhead Extensions
- Position one dumbbell overhead with both hands under inner plate.
- With elbows overhead, lower forearm behind upper arm by flexing elbows.
- Flex wrists at bottom to avoid hitting dumbbell on back of neck.
- Raise dumbbell overhead by extending elbows while hyperextending wrists.