Summer not only gives us an excuse to get outside and have a glorious time, it also gives us an opportunity to eat beautiful, tasty, healthy foods!
Sure, you've probably had (and loved) bruschetta but you've definitely never had it like this!
Inspired by the BodyRock Meal Plan
(and fabulous seasonal offerings), this simple dish will make your dinner table a work of art!
Strawberries, one of our summer favorites, are an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and fiber! And tomatoes are no slouch! They provide vitamins A, C, K, and the B vitamins thiamin and folate. And of course, we can't forget their potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper, and phosphorous content! To say nothing of the digestive and anti-inflammatory boost you'll get from the mint and basil, respectively!
This plate did not last long at BodyRock HQ and we know you'll love it as much as we do!
- one loaf of French bread, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 1 cup of grape tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint, minced
- 3 tablespoons of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, tomatoes, basil, mint, and red onion.
- Make a balsamic reduction. Bring the vinegar to a boil over high heat. Once it is boiling, reduce to medium low heat and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue to simmer until vinegar has reduced in volume by at least half.
- Brush one side of each piece of sliced bread with some olive oil and place, oil side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top the toasted bread slices with bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve!
Have You Taken The BodyRock 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge?
We’ve put together a 7 Day Guide that helps you to buy the right foods and prepare the meals that are going to help you eat well and create healthy habits in your lifestyle.
Learn More about the Clean Eating Challenge